Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Attempt @ Micro Fiction --Reviews

Have been busy these past few days, man has it been a emotional roller-coaster these past few months, high and low and high and low and low and low , hopefully the cycle ends with a high.
Finally back to Pages and here are the reviews.

K: Mars is alive dude:

Good imagination, awesome in fact. But I am not very fond of space and sci fi. though yours isn't proper flying saucer sci fi. Sorry man, not in my area of interest. far from my Lspot

R:
the end of the story was strange and way too fictitious. Mars is no way liquid from anywhere. Anyway it is not science that we’re discussing here. Martians are more popular that liquidity of Mars, that would’ve been better option I believe. But still it was a nice read.

Ri:
Another view of future. You captured the details of space-craft landing in such short-piece, nice. The end was kind of predictable though.

A:
A predictable piece, but it did show potential in bits. Your writing is decent, your style adequate. Mediocre is not a nice word to use, but a little more style in the narration could have lifted it beyond the ordinary.

N:
I liked it. A twist in the end is the most conventional thing to do when you think of micro fiction. I wish you had tried something else.

Ab:
Somethings in your piece didn't rub me right. Why is the chinky "Squadron leader" because there doesn't seem to be any squadrons around?

Apart from that, I think this piece got hit by too many projectiles to successfully complete a perfect landing. First there was the slightly humorous scenario of coming up with something momentous to say.

Second was the history of what the hell was going.

The third was the Mars killing man on Mars scenario.

In my opinion, the first scenario would have been acceptable if this was a longer piece. Or maybe it could have been interjected into the third scenario as the dialogue that never happened. Either way because you hardly had any room to manoeuvre, slightly better planning should have been ventured.

My view about the review: Sci-Fi isn't really high on people's preferences as literature and readers don't like it when you ask them to fill in a few dots on their own:) .Need to do a lot of rework on what I write cause the guys who review aren't going to leave any flaws alone.Final result , couldn't muster even a single vote:(.

No comments: