Friday, April 17, 2009

The Season Starts Again!!!!

It’s been a year since I started my crusade against weight gain, turned it into a battle of covering long distances, then was laid low by painful injury and the long recovery process still in progress.

I have registered for the SunFeast 10k Run again and though I would like to improve on my time of 59 minutes and 39 seconds, it right now seems impossible. I will be happy if I am able to do a sub-one hour run again.

As always if one door gets shut, rather than banging your head on it, its better to find another one and so I have did. Bought my first bike, (this one runs on human muscle power) and finally started having a go at controlling this wild beast with the thin and unruly horns.
It’s been five attempts till now, the first couple was spent in just learning to get onto the seat and brake properly with total gyaan contribution from my roommate. And then three days ago, I just got bored after coming back from work, so I went down to the basement and thought of taking a round of the basement in total control , it was a new challenge to make the turns at the right time and I took it on and succeeded and how? Kept on going round the place for an hour and the endorphins pumped up pretty nicely, it was a new experience of physical exertion with very little sweat to show for it .I enjoyed it. So, what did I do next? Continued the same routine .Come back home at 9:30-9:45, change and start cycling in the basement. So now after three days I think I can have tamed the beast and can make it anyway I want by tweaking its horns and did I say I have got the hang of its gears too! All in all an awesome workout week covering somewhere between 45-50 kms in 3 hours in total. I am pretty happy with myself today :).Will try for a long ride 50kms+ in one go along with other cyclists , lets see how I put up with the stretch.

No comments: